Though many of our projects focus on the build process, with the customer having taken responsibility for defining requirements and deploying the application into their infrastructure, over the years, we have been involved in every stage of the system life cycle, including post-implementation support and training.
At Deutsche Bank, we have been involved in a dedicated project management role, including outsourcing the build process to off-shore vendors and on-going vendor management.
Deutsche Bank's methodology was based on Prince2 with intranet applications to capture the documents produced at each milestone in the projects.
- Re-implementation of an existing Lotus Notes/Java approval workflow application for the J2EE / Oracle platform
- Management of a static data platform, which provides internal customers with a tool for creating and maintaining data sources in tabular or hierarchical formats. Real-time and batch interfaces are provided for data distribution
- Development of a workflow approval system using Lotus Notes and Java with a web browser front-end
- Development Team Leader on a Market Data project providing raw and cleansed data to internal customers using a development team based in Sydney
- Outsourcing development and support work to external vendors based in cheaper locations, particularly Bangalore and Singapore.
- Development of an application which interfaces with Bloomberg's Data Licence service to allow the cmparison with Deutsche Bank trade prices with market rates, highlighting large discrepancies for further investigation